Hi!

Although I can not give an explanation, I read something on this subject
which might be of some help. So far, this discussion was about the so-called
secondary sex-ratio, which means the sex ratio at time of birth.
I have read an article in which the primary sex-ratio, i.e. at some time
during pregnancy, was analysed. The researchers found out that this sex
ratio was even higher. I think it was about 130 boys/100 girls. This
implicates that the proportion of male fetal losses is remarkably higher
than the proportion of female fetal losses.
Unfortunately, I can not remember the source of this article, I am afraid.

But it might be useful if you send your request to mailing-list related to
demography (I think there is no newsgroup on demographics so far?!?). If I
should forward your message to a demography mailing list, you may send me an
e-mail.

Roland

  This list is open to everyone. Occasionally, people lacking respect
  for other members of the list send messages that are inappropriate
  or unrelated to the list's discussion topics. Please just delete the
  offensive email.

  For information concerning the list, please see the following web page: