----- Forwarded message from George W. Cobb -----

I don't disagree at all with Bob's point (there goes another chance to
be contentious!) but you can sometimes go a long way using the right
simplifying assumptions.  Here's the reference:

O'Conner, M.P., and J.R. Spotilla (1992).  "Consider a Spherical
Lizard:  Animals, Models, and Approximations,"  _American Zoologist_ 32
pp. 179-193.

----- End of forwarded message from George W. Cobb -----

George, you neglected to tell us what the "right simplifying
assumptions" might be for analyzing Internet surveys!-)

      _
     | |                    Robert W. Hayden
     | |          Work: Department of Mathematics
    /  |                Plymouth State College MSC#29
   |   |                Plymouth, New Hampshire 03264  USA
   | * |                fax (603) 535-2943
  /    |          Home: 82 River Street (use this in the summer)
 |     )                Ashland, NH 03217
 L_____/                (603) 968-9914 (use this year-round)
Map of New        [EMAIL PROTECTED] (works year-round)
Hampshire         http://mathpc04.plymouth.edu (works year-round)