Tarjei,
The key is that if U is any random variable with mean 0 and variance
sigma^2 and a>0, then
Pr(abs(U)>a) = Pr(U > a) + Pr(U <- a) = 2P(U>a) because of the symmetry of
the normal distribution.

Pr(U>a) = 1-Pr(U<a) = 1-Pr(U/sigma < a/sigma) = 1-Pr(Z<a/sigma) where Z is
standard normal so that Pr(Z<x)  is tabulated.

You can apply this to X1-X2 since it has mean 2-2=0

Ellen Hertz