In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
  Cyril Goutte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks for your reply.
> When I do ks.gof(1:10,rep(10,10)) on my system I get the same
> erroneous output I described earlier. The version I use is
> Version 3.4 Release 1 for Sun SPARC, SunOS 5.3 : 1996
> so hopefully this has been corrected on newer versions...

This is the version I have, and I just tried ks.gos on rnorm(100) twice,
rnorm(1000) and rexp(1000) once each. In all 4 cases Splus rejected the
the hypothesis that there's a fit at at least one sample point. The
random variate generators have passed other tests I've tried. This is
why I don't like the KS test; it's too mechanical. I prefer Q-Q plots.
Dan Heyman

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.