May I ask a followup? I think this may get better at the heart of my
query. Suppose that instead of temperature, I use a measure of vision: if
they correctly identify a letter a distance away they get a "1," otherwise
a "0." I wish to use accuracy as the DV. I can calculate the percent of
trials in each cell obtaining a "1" and use the resulting four percentages
for each subject as the ANOVA data. Or, should I do an ANOVA on the raw 0s
and 1s themselves? My intuition tells me the two are not the same, but I
can not say why. (if necessary, a larger number can represent correct)

Thank you,
Jim

--
Remove SPAMBLOCK to reply