Steve,

Its basically just a scaling of the score.  Are you actually trying to
create your own scaled score?  Or are you trying to calibrate a FICO (or
other model company) generated score based on your own observed portfolio
bad rate?

The phrase you used is usually stated: 2% bad rate (or 49:1 odds) at 500 and
50 PDO (Points to Double the Odds), so every 50 points the good/bad odds
will double.  So, assuming a 2% bad rate is rougly 49:1 good/bad odds (2 bad
guys vs. 98 good guys), then a score of 550 is 98:1 odds.  It's basically a
logarithmic transformation.

Hope this helps.

Jay L. Stevens
Whitehurst Associates, Inc.