I am a doctoral student who wants to use student performance on a
criterion test, a state Regents exam, as a dependent variable in a
quasi-experimental study.  The effects of previous achievement can be
controlled for using  a standardized test, the Iowa test of Basic
skills.  What kind of an analysis can I use to determine the effects
of a particular treatment on Regents exam scores?  The Regents exam
produces a "percentage correct" score, not a standardized score,
therefore it is not interval data, and I can not use anlysis of
covariance (or at least that is what I surmise from my reading).  Any
suggestions?