Rich Ulrich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> On Sat, 09 Feb 2002 16:59:34 GMT, Johannes Fichtinger
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Dear NG!
> > I have been searching for a description of the Ansari-Bradley dispersion
test up to now for
> > analysing a psychological research. I am searching for a description of
this test, specially a
> > description how to use the test.
> >
> > Please, can you tell me, how to use the test, or show me a link, where it
is described?
> > Thank you very much in advance,
>
> I plugged Ansari-Bradley  into a search by  www.google.com  and
> there were 287  hits.  The first page contained the (aptly named)

http://franz.stat.wisc.edu/~rossini/courses/intro-nonpar/text/Specifications_fo
r_the_Ansari_Bradley_Test.html

> I suggest repeating the search.  That also eliminates the "pasting"
> problem if your reader has broken  the long URL into two lines.

A warning, however; the Ansari-Bradley test (and similar tests like the
Seigel-Tukey) has some drawbacks:
i) it assumes the locations are identical
ii) it is less powerful than some alternative tests

If assumption (i) is false, the A-B test may have very little power to detect a
difference in variance.

Glen