hi,

thanks.  sorry if I posed the question poorly. actually, what I'm
looking for is an intuitive understanding of when to use odds and when
probabilities. I know that probs have a problem in that they don't
make multiplicative sense: for instance, assume I have a probability
of winning of 55%; if the likelihood of winning doubles, we have
absurd outcomes if expressed in terms of probabilities.

thanks.

brad

news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...