Linda Grandell wrote:
How about making a small graphics library that has Shape objects. You create a shape object and manipulate it's attributes such as position, color, size, numOfVertices (triangle, square, pentagram), etc. Then you can teach subclassing a shape object, and finally making your own from scratch. PyGame of course is a great environment to build such a thing.

This sounds like a good idea. I was thinking about using the pygsear package first, mainly because I then would have ready-made material and examples to start from. The course starts in three weeks, so I am not really spoiled with time here. However, your suggestion should not take that long to implement. I will put it on my list of possible alternatives.

Take a look at VPython. It is the simplest to grasp how to put a few things on the screen; it has a nice small set of 3-D primitives, and a quick intro to get a small display going. Really easier than most 2-D packages I've seen to start with, and you get to roll it around. If you are at PyCon, talk to Kirby about his experiences using it in his classes.

/Linda

--
-- Scott David Daniels
[EMAIL PROTECTED]