Yeah, I think you're wise to point out it's all about context.
Wittgenstein was saying much the same thing as Peirce et al, i.e.
meaning is not a word attribute, comes through in the namespace taken
as a whole, e.g. to understand the meaning of "a pawn" in chess, you
need to know chess (the game).

Maybe having students think up their own analogies, and extending
them, would be better.  There's much to recommend the musical
instrument analogy, which I play up in pointing to Gibson Guitar's
sponsorship of OSCON that time, i.e. musician : guitar :: geek :
laptop i.e. Portland as "FOSS capital" is the "Nashville of open
source"...  goes with my "Cult of Athena" (a way to hook in to greek
classics -- Nashville has a temple to Athena, you may be aware).

It kinda grated when I first read the passage, seeing how computer's
"can't interpret" -- meaning they're "stupid" -- but then pretty soon
we're going to be talking about the Python "interpreter" probably.  So
do they interpret or don't they?  That question suggest the following:
 that we bring awareness of namespaces (contexts) and the potential
for "name collisions" right to the surface, talk about that overtly
(just as you and I are doing here).

One might ask when is it too young to start talking about context.
The Philosophy for Children movement was all for getting this in
early, giving students more conceptual tools right at the outset.

In my workshop, I tell the story of "dot notation" as a way of
"disambiguating" (fancy word, used in Wikipedia a lot).  That's maybe
more for 8th graders and above?  Actually I think we could go younger
on that one.  Kids get it about context, as they're in the midst of
intensive language learning as it is.

Anyway, thanks for wedging a stick in the door and keeping my mind
open.  Sometimes we teach the computer "stupid pet tricks" is how I
might put it, with a cut to some David Letterman YouTube (I'm always
imagining I'm in some liberal Quaker school, where cutting to Youtubes
is never a problem -- whereas in many schools, not even the teachers
have access to this treasure trove, all strictly verboten (like in
'Name of the Rose')).**

Kirby

**
for context, I recall how I was clamoring for a large database of
video shorts (Sesame Street a model), to supplement teaching and
learning.  I harped on this from the 1980s through the 1990s.  When my
video database finally showed up, I almost didn't recognize it as my
dream come true.

What I've found as "a futurist" is my prayers get answered a lot of
the time, but it's up to me to translate the reality into what
actually became so.
http://www.grunch.net/synergetics/videogrammatron.html