Hi everyone,

As I worked on the new edu-sig page, and got a few emails, I was struck how
the use of Python in Computer Science seems to have taken off. I remember
when we, on the edu-sig list, celebrated the publication of John Zelle's
textbook, the first book published for a CS-1 course.  For a number of
years, Zelle's book was the only game in town.  Now there are at least 5
university-level textbooks using Python - I would not be surprised to hear
from more authors that I may have overlooked.

---

Kirby's side observation about Blender struck a chord with me.  I've tried
to use Blender [actually, to have my kids use Blender ;-) ] a while ago but
"we" never got to do anything decent with it - even after buying a book.  I
kept the Blender reference on the edu-sig (it was on the old page) but I am
wondering if it really belongs there...

---

The Python community is kind and generous.  Queries to the pydotorg list
(for website related matters) have been answered promptly and always
helpfully.  A few folks on the edu-sig list contacted me privately, offering
suggestions included links to add to the new page.

Please feel free to make more suggestions for improvements.  And if you
disagree with some of my more subjective statements on the edu-sig page,
please do not hesitate to tell me.  And I won't be offended at all if you
point out some grammatical mistakes and the like - my kids do it all the
time when I speak or write in English.

Cheers,

André