On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 1:10 AM, Murat Jumashev <jumash...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> My name is Murat, I am from Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic (Central Asia).
> First off let me apologize if I chose a wrong mailing list (please, kindly
> point me a right mailing list to go).
>
> I am new to programming and I started from Python because it's very smooth
> and readable lang. But it would not be easy for me to start learning
> programming concepts without knowing basic English.
>
> What I want to ask is is it possible to create a (buffer/middleware)
> keywords and functions convertor-from-pythonese-English-to-pythonese-Kyrgyz
> (and vice-versa) so that students with poor/no English could start learning
> to code in their native language(s)? i.e. print / басуу, if / эгерде, else
> / болбосо, elif / же болбосо etc.
>
> I am impressed by the guy who have invented an arabic programming language
> in order to overcome a (natural) language barrier:
> http://killscreendaily.com/headlines/arabic-programming-language-middle-eastern-games/
>

> But I think it's more rational to write a native-to-pythonese-convertor
> rather than inventing a new language from scratch. Can anyone tell me from
> where to start?

It is certainly possible to change Python to use non-English keywords; see
http://sourceforge.net/projects/chinesepython/ for an example.  If you
google for "chinese Python" you will find other links of interest that
*might* lead you to other translations.

If you can't find the information from the above link, someone on the
python-dev mailing list might be able to help you as to which file needs to
be modified.

HOWEVER ...  I don't believe that this will give you a translation of all
the built-in functions and certainly not of any of the resources from the
standard library.  (I'm thinking that your students might want to use the
Math module at some point).

André