I made a small adapter for web2py to be used nearly as PHP for beginners :)

web2py templates have the code-html mix  with full Python syntax enabled
(just indentation is ignored with html, so "pass" is used to end logical
block).

so with my example you can programm just templates (views)
https://jurgisvcs.pythonanywhere.com/web2py_tutor/lesson_PHP_alike/

ps.: error messages if syntax is messed in template might be  hard to track
(compared to PHP)

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 12:59 AM, kirby urner <kirby.ur...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 4:16 PM, Carl Karsten <c...@nextdayvideo.com>
> wrote:
>
> ​...
> ​
>
>> http://www.web2py.com/init/default/download
>> "After download, unzip it and click on web2py.exe (windows) or
>> web2py.app (osx). To run from source, type: python2.7 web2py.py"   (I
>> guess Linux users are good with "run from source")
>>

> ​I see it also runs under Python 3.5/3.6
>
> http://www.web2py.com/init/default/what
>
> ​Great.  Handsome website too!
>
> I have a hard time recommending 2.7-based tools to any newcomers to
> Python, echoing Guido:  https://youtu.be/GudJlbK4TY8
>
> Kirby

Jurgis Pralgauskis
tel: 8-616 77613;
Don't worry, be happy and make things better ;)
http://kompiuterija.pasimokom.lt