As education enthusiasts, I highly recommend attending (or watching
the video, I am going to give it extra attention)

https://www.pyohio.org/2018/schedule/presentation/39/

Sunday 12:45 p.m.–2:45 p.m. in Suzanne Scharer
"""
CircuitPython is Python that runs on microcontrollers. It's designed
for learning and it's super simple to use. If you're new to
programming or electronics, CircuitPython can help you get started
with both. All you need to do is plug in a microcontroller board, open
any code editor, and start editing.
"""

I attended a 1 hour version of this about a month ago.  I was blown
away by how fast you can get to "ok, lets run python code that makes
lights blink"

I now keep a device/cable with me and have had random people plug it
into their mac/win/linux laptop, the lights start blinking (because it
runs some python code on boot) and with a few clicks they can see/edit
the code that is running.

Make some changes, hit save, the device reboots and runs the changed code.

There are 100 more things I can say about the sensors and mu and
graphs and how much fun and engaging it is, but that will distract
from how quick we go from nothing to editing and running python code.