Hi!

I just found an educational Python IDE nobody hasn't mention yet -- TigerJython: http://jython.tobiaskohn.ch/index.html Here is author's PhD thesis: https://tobiaskohn.ch/files/Dissertation_TKohn.pdf

best regards,
Aivar

03.07.2018 17:27 Andre Roberge kirjutas:
Hi everyone,

I'm compiling a list of available editors for Python designed specifically for teaching, with information about the primary targeted audiences and would welcome your comments and/or suggestions for additions or corrections. So far, I have

Target audience (my own draft definition; feel free to improve upon this):

* young learners  (elementary and high school students)

* hobbyists - beginners of all ages learning on their own

* CS 100 course: elective course targeted at non CS (or even non STEM) students. The focus is more on concepts, using Python as the practical tool to learn these concepts, rather than learning the Pythonic idioms or learning the effectiveness of various algorithms. For example, list comprehensions would likely not be covered in such a course as it does not add anything conceptually to an explicit for loop.

* CS 101 course: core course in CS meant as a requirement for future courses. Some pythonic idioms and details about algorithms would likely be covered.

Editors / IDEs :

* IDLE: included with Python. Intended for everyone.
* Mu (https://codewith.mu/). Primarily intended for young learners and hobbyists. * Thonny. (http://thonny.org/) I am guessing that it is primarily intended for CS 101. * Wing 101 (https://wingware.com/downloads/wingide-101) Primarily intended for CS 101. * PyCharm Edu (https://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm-edu/) Primarily intended for CS 101.

I am not looking for web-based solutions [otherwise, I would have had included Reeborg's World ;-)] and do not want to include obsolete or no longer maintained software (like rur-ple, the precursor to Reeborg's World.)

Best,

André