I'm just now perusing Steve Holden's slides for the first time, in PDF
format, regarding the state of the art when it comes to Pythonic hardware
(e.g. Micro:bit):

https://github.com/holdenweb/PyConIE2017/blob/master/MicroPythonEcosystem.pdf

I find this illuminating.  Steve has a long fascination with hardware
programming.

Also, I'm just putting some finishing touches on a Medium piece
(unrestricted) advertising the capabilities of the Raspberry Pi platform
(not Python specific, but certainly Python-linked):

https://medium.com/@kirbyurner/summer-camp-computing-some-fun-in-the-sun-95c4efd5af94

(the top picture shows a Pi Lab the same Steve Holden set up in Portland
some years ago, helping to catalyze our little subculture).

Kirby