There might be some people on this list interested in this event. I hope to
see some of you apply for a spot!

Please email Alycia, cc-ed on this post if you have questions!

Cheers,

-Jackie

NSF INCLUDES CONFERENCE:

Bringing Conversations on Diversity and Inclusion in Data Science to the
Environmental Sciences

April 2-4, 2019

Boulder, Colorado

Growth in large ecological datasets and large environmental synthesis
projects has resulted in the need for a diverse workforce with technical
data science skills. A variety of organizations support underrepresented
groups entering the data science field through training, mentoring, and
networking opportunities. However, many of these initiatives have been
developed in isolation, limiting opportunities for an exchange of ideas and
lessons learned. This conference will facilitate development of the
Environmental Data Science Inclusion Network (EDSIN) to strengthen
initiatives across existing alliances and organizations to recruit and
retain individuals from underrepresented groups in data science careers.
Who Should Attend

   -

   Researchers focusing on recruitment and retention of underrepresented
   groups in STEM fields, quantitative biology education, or related areas
   -

   Project leaders for STEM programs serving underrepresented groups
   -

   Employers committed to hiring and retaining a diverse data science
   workforce
   -

   Mentors with experience working with students and early career
   professionals underrepresented in STEM
   -

   Evaluators doing work with STEM education programs
   -

   Educators who teach data science skills to learners of all ages

How to Apply

Funding is available through the National Science Foundation to support
travel and participant costs for most attendees although there will be
space available for those able to provide their own funding. To attend
and/or be considered for funding, please fill out the application found on
our website (edsin.qubeshub.org) by October 1. Applicants will be notified
in early November of their acceptance.

Unable to attend in person? We will be live-streaming the event! Details
will be provided on our conference website as they become available.
QuestionsContact Alycia Crall: acr...@battelleecology.org

--
Jacqueline Kazil | @jackiekazil