I'm wondering if, when a curriculum embraces Python, this implies using
Jupyter Notebooks?

These two technologies seem so seamlessly connected in this day and age.

I'm not suggesting Notebooks replace an IDE.

But the idea of "coding" is changing given all the high level APIs out
there.  A pro in some field (other than software development) is likely to
run only a few lines of code at a time.  Google's TensorFlow tutorials take
this approach.

To say one is "learning Python" does not imply one is planning to write
applications, not even websites.  Python is a swap-in for MATLAB or R in
many contexts.  It's embedded.

Here's me on the Teaching with Jupyter Notebooks discussion list (public
archive) promoting the concept of embedding videos *about the very notebook
they're embedded within*.  Think of tutorials.  I link to an example,
viewed with nbviewer given Github skips showing the Youtubes in its native
rendering engine.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/jupyter-education/3u1cvg1vza0/TYM1je1EAwAJ

Kirby