On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 10:19 AM Jurgis Pralgauskis <
jurgis.pralgaus...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> it not directly Py oriented -- but I think you have some hints :)
>
> We are trying to choose among programming envs for 5th graders:
> Scratch
> https://pencilcode.net
> https://edublocks.org
> MicroBit blocks
> Logo
> CodeMonkey
>
> and the discussions are a bit chaotic based on each ones experience...
> Maybe you know like 5 good aspects/categories to evaluate by?
>
> kind of like here, but may be more abstract
> https://github.com/aroberge/reeborg-howto/blob/master/src/checklist.md

How can you ask about improving on the above checklist?  ;-) ;-)

I have suggestions for only two criteria:

* Availability of online documentation in a language that can be understood
by the students, so that interested students can explore beyond what is
shown in the classroom.
* Think of the extreme **stereotypical** boy and girl: can the programming
environment (and chosen activities!) cater to both of these extremes.

Please, share back what your group decides upon!

André

> --
> Jurgis Pralgauskis
> tel: 8-616 77613;
> Don't worry, be happy and make things better ;)

Trying! ;-)