Of relevance to curriculum writers such as myself
is a change in how Github redirects links to the
same repo, if said link is to a Jupyter Notebook.

It used to be that Markup like [Volumes](Volumes.ipynb),
i.e. no path, just a Notebook name, would work in a
Github repo.  A student could jump from Notebook to
Notebook, always in master.

No longer.

Now that link will take you to:
https://notebooks.githubusercontent.com/view/Volumes.ipynb

nbviewer (nbviewer.org), on the other hand, still works
the old way, i.e. a link to another Notebook in the same
repo pulls up that other Notebook.

https://nbviewer.org/github/4dsolutions/elite_school/blob/master/Calc_with_Python.ipynb
(e.g. try Euler's Formula way at the bottom)

My response has been to reiterate to students that if
they want a smooth experience with one of my repos,
the best option is to clone it and use it locally.  That
used to not matter as much.  The next step is to create
their own repos.

On the up side, Github now renders Jupyter Notebook's
embedded LaTeX much more successfully, removing one
of the primary reasons to go to nbviewer in the first place.

Kirby