"Support for PyScript & Brython"
https://github.com/microsoft/vscode-python/issues/19415

- https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=HardeepSingh.pyscript

Jupyter support in VSCode:
- https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/datascience/jupyter-notebooks

JupyterLite has p5 js support. Khan Academy CS curriculum has ProcessingJS,
which is basically p5 js.
What similar functionality exists in the python standard library? Does the
stdlib turtle module work in pyodide WASM (JupyterLite, PyScript,)?

***
Like matplotlib, but with vega-lite,
Altair charts are saveable to PNG, SVG for print/latexpdf.
https://altair-viz.github.io/user_guide/saving_charts.html

Annotated matplotlib:
https://twitter.com/__mharrison__/status/1562454754306826241

JupyterLite: https://jupyterlite.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ :

> Python kernel backed by Pyodide running in a Web Worker
>
> - Initial support for interactive visualization libraries such as altair,
bqplot, ipywidgets, matplotlib, and plotly

FWIU ipycanvas also works in JupyerLite:
Drawing paths > Path commands:
https://ipycanvas.readthedocs.io/en/latest/drawing_paths.html#path-commands

Src:
https://github.com/martinRenou/ipycanvas/blob/master/ipycanvas/canvas.py

***

The ipycanvas docs include JupyterLite w/
https://github.com/jupyterlite/jupyterlite-sphinx :

> JupyterLite Sphinx: A Sphinx extension that provides utilities for
embedding JupyterLite in your documentation

***

Datasette does static SQLite in WASM; now with JupyterLite as well:
https://datasette.io/plugins/datasette-jupyterlite

There are *-to-sqlite
utilities for all of the things; though pd.read_csv() can read from a
remote URL in WASM, potentially unreproducibly (next semester it 404s) and
without a requests_cache, just like in normal JupyterLab e.g. from
repo2docker: https://pypi.org/search/?q=to+sqlite
https://pypi.org/search/?q=datasette

***

https://github.com/emscripten-forge/recipes

https://github.com/emscripten-forge/empack

> ```bash
empack pack env --env-prefix /path/to/env --outname python_data --config
/path/to/config.yaml
```

> This will generate two files python_data.js and python_data.data that you
can use in the browser. A sample config is located in
tests/empack_test_config.yaml

https://github.com/emscripten-forge/requests-wasm-polyfill :
> Drop-in replacement for the requests library for wasm python
> Note that these only work when running under a web-worker, as it's making
blocking HTTP requests which are not allowed in the main thread.

"Polyfills"; just like JS