On Sat, Jul 28, 2007 at 07:18:07AM -0400, Alfred Nutile wrote:

> > Scripted greeter now working.
> Al - what does this do over all?

A Display manager is typically split into two pieces: the greeter, and the
display manager proper.  The greeter is the bit you interact with: the graphical
bit.

Previously, the greeter was simple: it simply returned the userid and password
to the DM.  If something broke in the dm (i.e., bad password, etc), then
the greeter couldn't show you anything about it.

Now, the greeter and the display manager interact.  It's a conversation,
and the display manager can tell the greeter to re-ask for a password,
display this status message, etc.

> > Autologin working.
> Al - last time I tried this ALL machines logged in as the same user is this
> working or was it working per mac address?

You can set username and password per mac address.

> > Support for LDM_DIRECTX working.
> Al - does this mean better video or just now no ssh?

Ssh or no ssh, depending on what the user sets..  Something else wrong with
the video we're not aware of?

Scott

--
Scott L. Balneaves | "Eternity is a very long time,
Systems Department |  especially towards the end."