Hi,

On Thu, 06 Sep 2007, Jim Kronebusch wrote:

> I have filed bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/137764
>
> If anyone would like to log in to the bug and submit confirmation it may help
> the
> developers to take this seriously.  This is a huge problem, last week with
> random web
> browsing by students we had at least 40 clients freeze all due to this
> problem.  The
> clients froze with 128MB RAM and the default 32MB swap space.

Thinking about it, I wonder is there an argument that this is actually an
xserver bug more than a firefox one?

Firefox probably shouldn't behave like this, but I would have thought that
the xserver should not allow itself to be crashed by rogue clients.  It can
perhaps be fixed in firefox, until another application comes along which
makes the same mistake.

Gavin