On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 22:48:56 -0400, Todd O'Bryan wrote
> Can you try it in Feisty to see if it's a problem that's been fixed in
> Gutsy?

I doubt Scott's results are the result of a fix in Gutsy.  David Trask also
reported he
can print my test documents without a hitch other than mouse movements getting
a little
choppy and the client running somewhat sluggish until the job is dispatched to
the
printer (5-10 seconds worse case?).  I can also reproduce Scott and David's
success with
higher memory printers (HP4550N and a Ricoh CL2000, I think both are 4MB-8MB as
compared
to a HP4000N's 2MB).  At this point I am leaning towards low memory networked
printers
being the problem and the freeze resulting when printer memory is exceeded.  I
will also
try attaching a HP4000 directly to a machine and sharing it, then printing from
client.  My guess is that the machine acting as a print server will be able to
cache the
print job for the printer and the client will be able to go on its merry
way.....we'll
see :-)

I have an issue with jumbled graphics when printing images on the 6020p, but I
think
that is related to a separate issue affecting just the 6020p.

Jim