Please circulate this announcement in your labWith the endorsement of the
Collège Sciences de la Santé, Université of Bordeaux December 17th 2018Workshop
"Medical Nihilism"
 9h40 - 17h00, Salle Denucé, Campus Victoire, Bordeaux, FranceRegistration is
free, but mandatory: sign up here
The publication of Jacob Stegenga’s Medical Nihilism in 2018 is a major event
for philosophy of medicine. The conclusion of the book, namely, that we ought
to have low confidence in medical interventions, is provocative. The argument
broadly encompasses many aspects of medical science, from the concept of
efficiency to the malleability of meta-analysis, and makes a meticulous case
against our spontaneous trust in medical evidence.
The workshop hosts several philosophers of medicine from Europe that have
worked on medical research, evidence, public policy, and pharmaceuticals. They
will examine the claims made by Stegenga. Is his skepticism throwing the baby
out with the bathwater?
Find the full program here.

Please don't hesitate to contact me for further questions.

Best regards,

Wiebke Bretting

--
Dr. Wiebke Bretting
Project Manager ERC IDEM

Pour inscrire une adresse sur la liste :  educasup.philo-request chez
ml.free.fr avec subscribe dans le champ du sujet, en indiquant votre nom
complet et vos liens avec l'enseignement philosophique. Pour supprimer une
adresse:  educasup.philo-request chez ml.free.fr avec unsubscribe dans le champ
du sujet.

Répondre à