Sense and the Making of Sense - SeMaSe2022
St. Petersburg State University, Russia June 2-4
https://philevents.org/event/show/95889
To attend on-line register here:
https://artesliberales.spbu.ru/en/calendar/sense-and-making-sense

Tomorrow at 16h (St Petersburg  time), I will present in this congress the
talk
"The Pyramid of Meaning"
http://www.jyb-logic.org/PYRAMID-OF-MEANING
In this talk / paper, I present a new theory of meaning, inspired by
Saussure,
but instead of considering only a pair (signifier/signified) packed in one
element, the "sign",
I consider a triple (word/idea/thing) packed in one element, the "notion".

In 2017 I organized a workshop in Geneva, part of CLG 100:
Arbitrariness of the Sign
http://www.jyb-logic.org/a
Here is the resulting book
The Arbitrariness of the Sign in Question
http://www.collegepublications.co.uk/las/?00001
and here my introductory paper:
"Arbitrariness Symbolic Key"
http://www.jyb-logic.org/ARB
Everybody is welcome to submit a book to the book  series:
Logic and Semiotics
http://www.collegepublications.co.uk/las/

Some years before I also organized in Neuchâtel, Switzerland, a workshop on
symbol vs arbitrary sign.
Here is the resulting book:
La Pointure du Symbole
https://www.editionspetra.fr/livres/la-pointure-du-symbole
and here my introductory paper:
"L'Arbitraire du Signe face à la Puissance du Symbole"
http://www.jyb-logic.org/PDS

JYB
Prof. Dr. Dr. Jean-Yves Beziau
Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
https://philpeople.org/profiles/jean-yves-beziau

--
https://www.vidal-rosset.net/mailing_list_educasupphilo.html

Répondre à