Dear Wikimedia&Education community,

I'm very happy to announce that there will be a Wikimedia&Education
pre-conference event at Wikimania this year!

*Wikimedia&Education: Challenges and opportunities in South Africa and
Beyond. *
The Education Pre-Conference at Wikimania will put education programs into
perspective by taking a deep look at the educational challenges that exist
in our host country, South Africa, and how Wikimedia projects are making an
impact. We will engage Wikimedia program leaders, educators, and other
like-minded organizations to share with and learn from each other, helping
to realize the full potential of Wikimedia projects in education.

Program details can be found on the Wikimania portal
<https://wikimania2018.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia%26Education>.
Please visit the registration page
<https://wikimania2018.wikimedia.org/wiki/Registration> for more
information on how to register.

*Virtual participation*
If you won't be attending Wikimania this year, you can still participate in
the event virtually! More details to come soon!

*e/merge Africa 2018 free registrations for Wikimedia Education Community*
As part of this program we are collaborating with E/merge 2018: Festival of
e-learning in Africa <https://sites.google.com/view/emerge2018/home>, that
is taking place from 9-20 July 2018. They have offered 70 free
registrations for our community. In their own words, "e/merge 2018 will
convene a welcoming space and a diverse, dynamic community across multiple
networks to discuss, debate, review, showcase and celebrate e-learning in
higher education in Africa." If you would like to take advantage of this
great opportunity, you can register with this link
<https://emergeafrica.net/festival-of-e-learning-registration-wikimania-conference/>.
They ask that you *register by July 2nd. *

We are looking forward to seeing you at Wikimania!

best regards,

Nichole

--
*Nichole Saad*