By the way you may also think about like-minded wikis, however outside Wikimedia, which are aimed for children and teenagers. I mean Wikikids in Dutch, Vikidia in French, Spanish, Italian, English, and Klexikon in German (the later being less oriented toward children and pupils participation).

I think that these "Wikipedias for children" are especially relevant for education projects when the Wikipedia version in your language is very developed, which not only means few available subjects to work on but also long and too high level articles for children and younger peoples, which in turn implies a lack of a well-suited encyclopedic resource for children. I guess it is also relevant if you think that education does not only aim at higher education students !

I noticed this tweet:
"Would be very cool if @Wikipedia had official support for different age ranges. Such tremendous effort is expended to include different languages / cultures / topics, but nearly all of it remains inaccessible to the 25% of the world population under 14"
https://twitter.com/anthonygarvan/status/981584340986540032

We may elaborate why the Wikimedia movement missed to support and develop a children-oriented encyclopedic wiki, and still elude this idea. I may have some ideas on the topic, yet it is still a mystery to me. However it does exist and is doing well!

Well, come and get involved in Vikidia in Spanish, English, Italian and so on ! ;-)
https://www.vikidia.org/
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikikids