Thank you for the response Bastiaan. :)

I am on a native installation.  I used your commands and now the account
has superuser privileges (in addition to the staff privileges it had).
 Logging in on the front end, the dashboard unfortunately has not changed.
 Also the course creator path still returns 404.

Is there perhaps a change I need to make in the admin panel to get Studio
running?  Or a studio specific URL, like studio.edx.org is studio for edx
partners?