Sorry for the delay,

Happy to see you've found the port to access studio. The studio is
available in two ways, via port 18010 or by clicking in the course content
on "edit in studio". In case you've changed the parameters correctly in the
lms.env.json and cms.env.json (or I believe server.yaml which covers
everything), the studio will be accessible via the LMS also. I had a lot of
issues, you need to understand the structure of open EdX very well for this
to work well. In case you have more difficulties, let me know :-) (I also
speak dutch, from what I see from your last name haha)

On Friday, 14 October 2016 20:20:33 UTC+2, Erik Van de Water wrote:

> Apparently studio is accessible on port 18010.
>
> On Friday, October 14, 2016 at 11:32:27 AM UTC-4, Erik Van de Water wrote:
>>
>> Thank you for the response Bastiaan. :)
>>
>> I am on a native installation.  I used your commands and now the account
>> has superuser privileges (in addition to the staff privileges it had).
>>  Logging in on the front end, the dashboard unfortunately has not changed.
>>  Also the course creator path still returns 404.
>>
>> Is there perhaps a change I need to make in the admin panel to get Studio
>> running?  Or a studio specific URL, like studio.edx.org is studio for
>> edx partners?
>>

>> On Friday, October 14, 2016 at 11:12:10 AM UTC-4, Bastiaan Franssen wrote:
>>>
>>> What type of installation are you using? Is it a full-stack or native
>>> installation? I assume they should be both the same, but can you also get
>>> access to the console? If so, you could try to give the user superuser
>>> credentials via the command prompt:
>>>
>>> Go to: */edx/app/edxapp/edx-platform*
>>>

>>> Then:
>>>

>>> sudo -u www-data /edx/bin/python.edxapp ./manage.py lms --settings aws shell
>>>

>>> from django.contrib.auth.models import User
>>> me =
>>> User.objects.get(username="user_name_of_the_user_you_want_to_be_super_user")
>>> me.is_superuser = True
>>> me.is_staff = True