Thank you very much for your post, Piotr. I really appreciate it.

My idea for a block actually started with parameterized problems with
variables to be substituted with a value from a list.

For example:
"$firstname $lastname (age $age) has Dutch basic health insurance and no
supplementary insurance."

to generate:
"Liam Jansen (age 62) has Dutch basic health insurance and no supplementary
insurance."

I figured I'd generate the problems outside of Open edX and then import
them.
But you've had parameterized problems for years. Is there a way to use
lists, like for $firstname and $lastname in the example?

About the block:
Instead of generating new problems until students get one right, I'd like
to keep the same problem in front of the student until they get that right.
And then generate (or select) a new problem until they get X right in a
row.

I think a good place to start for me would be numerical input questions,
followed by checkboxes and multiple choice.
With numerical input a student might guess one right, but the odds of
guessing five or six right in a row would be low.

I'm not really comfortable yet rewriting client side event handling. I love
Open edX, but I'm relatively new to coding.
Where I could start is by taking "Numerical Input with Hints and Feedback"
and adding the "Get X right in a row" functionality.
Then I could apply what I learned to other question types or to an
overarching block that handles its children's events.

I'd love to use parameters and lists from the start to generate questions
on the fly.
This avoids filling a question bank with a hundred or so problems while
most students might only use ten.

The name could be more descriptive, like "X correct in a row", just
"correct in a row" or something containing "serial" or "streak".

What do you think?