*Friends, Romans, Oxford comma aficionados, and other learned peoples:As I
mentioned in my introduction to this list, I’ve been tasked with building
out the Open edX community. I feel lucky to have the opportunity to work
with everyone and build on the great community that you have all worked to
establish.  What I want to do next is reboot our online office hours to
discuss community-related topics: - Communication pathways: how we interact
- Responsiveness: how we take and respond to feedback and contributions-
Collaboration: how can we be more transparent and inclusive- Cool stuff:
what’s next for Open edX?Once upon a time, we did this on a regular basis,
and I want to return to that model. Perhaps we can start once a month or
every other week, depending on everyone’s schedules. If needed, we can also
have separate special interest groups (SIG’s) to discuss specific topics in
more detail. The devops SIG hangouts come to mind. We’ll start each meetup
with a theme or topic and then follow that up with open discussion. If you
have something you’d like to present or discuss, such as something you’d
like to see or something you’ve done that you want to let the world know
about, tell us! We’ll happily put you on the agenda. I’ll issue a call for
topics before each hangout, and we can then push topics to our Confluence
wiki.
<https://openedx.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/COMM/pages/590184858/Online+Community+Meetups>
In this first meetup, I’d like to take time to discuss OEP’s
<https://open-edx-proposals.readthedocs.io/en/latest/oep-0001.html>, their
importance to the Open edX project, and our recent changes to simplify the
process
<https://github.com/edx/open-edx-proposals/commit/82f3c24ca8673761d080a4fa53dc64379963ff7a>.
We can also get an update on the Hawthorn release. We plan to schedule the
next hangout on Thursday, March 8, 13:00 Eastern US / 10:00 Pacific US /
18:00 UTC. We’re looking at services for online conferencing, and we’re
open to suggestions if you have a preference. I will follow up with a
conference link early next week.Looking forward to it! Please add your
items to the agenda
<https://openedx.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/COMM/pages/590184858/Online+Community+Meetups>.-John
Mark WalkerOpen edX Community Lead*