on 11-26-2008 12:52 PM Guymon spake the following:
> I still think the CPU is OK.  I have ordered 2 1000mhz PIII to replace it(in
> case), I have a slot for a second CPU so I will use it(my have to do a
> reinstall of EWF).  I don't think it's a capacitor issue, I know what to
> look for in that, but it could be the power supply is underpowered.  When I
> built the system I tried to go light on the wattage usage so maybe this
> "Game" is taxing the CPU enough that it AWKS the power supply, makes sence.
> I have a nice 80% efficient NEW PS I will plop in after I get the new CPUs
> and see if that helps.
>
> I'd hate to have to replace this hardware it's such a sweet little set up.

I don't think a power supply always uses its maximum output. The maximum is
only how much load it can serve. A 200W PS serving 200W load should have very
near the same power draw as a 600W PS serving a 200W load. The 600W might
actually be lower since it is not at its maximum, and the system isn't
saturated at load.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and