I would d/l and create a memtest86+ boot cd, and see if your
ram can run thru one pass without errors. This lets you know
there's nothing wrong with your cpu, ram, and motherboard.

When I've seen this, it's been about my hard drive
controller. Some things to try:

Is there an AHCI option for your SATA ports? If it's enabled
now, disable it. If its disabled, enable it.

If you are trying to load onto a raid controller, disable it
and install onto a single PATA or SATA drive to test.

Disable the onboard nic(s) and add a known good nic that efw
supports.

Disable the onboard sound. This will free up many resources
like IRQs and memory areas, but is probably not causing your
crash.

If you have 4 gigs of ram, reduce it to 2 gigs.

Also not likely, but something you can test - disable the
onboard video and use a cheap pci or pic-e vid card.

If hyper-threading is enabled, disable it.

And one last thing: if the bios has a "Load safe/optimized
defaults", try loading it...