Hi,

    I think is better to open a bug on Jira tracker (
http://jira.endian.com ) adding the tests you've made.

    It would be useful to write any additional information that might
speed up the process of analysis.

    With some occurences I've seen this behavior as well but never had
time to dig deeper. I would happily go further on this if I get the
chance and also will let you know.

    By the way, changing the driver to VirtIO after an installation
with SCSI or HD worked for me with KVM and virt-manager (Ubuntu 12.10
64-bit 3.5.0-44-generic); have you tried it in this fashion?

Alex

On 12/21/2013 12:26 AM, Ziemowit Pierzycki wrote:
> Does Endian finally support virtIO drivers?  It appears they load
> fine during the installation until the installer claims there is
> not enough space which I assume is because somewhere it doesn't
> recognize /dev/vd* device.  The prompt asking whether it's okay to
> erase the data on the drive mentions /dev/vda.  The failure happens
> right after that.
>
> Why use virtIO?  Lets say you loose storage connection, the IO to
> the storage will be blocked until a reconnect happens while with
> other drivers such as SCSI or HD, you'll most likely see lots of
> errors which lead to all kinds of nasty OS issues.
>
> Ziemowit Pierzycki

> organizations don't have a clear picture of how application
> performance affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100%
> visibility into your Java,.NET, & PHP application. Start your
> 15-day FREE TRIAL of AppDynamics Pro!

- --
:: P u r p l e   s r l
:: security and network
:: edificio 16 - viale Sarca 336 :: i-20126 - Milano
:: web: www.purplesrl.com

:: Alexandru Gheorghe
:: a.gheorghe [at] purplesrl [dot] com
:: PGP key id DA10B322