On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 6:50 PM Christoph Hertzberg <
c...@informatik.uni-bremen.de> wrote:

> > ** Forks **
> >
> > You can see the summary of the fork script there:
> > http://manao.inria.fr/eigen_tmp/archive_forks_log.html
> >
> > The hg clones (history+checkout) represents 20GB, maybe 12GB if we remove
> > the checkouts. Among the 460 forks, 214 seems to have no change at all
> > (according to "hg out") and could be dropped. I don't know yet where to
> > host them though.
>
> I think it is sufficient if we host a (frozen) version of the main
> repository (probably simply at tuxfamily). I think many forks don't have
> changes, because they actually got merged.
> And I don't think we need to host any of the forks, as long as we have
> the changesets in the archived PRs.

I don't think all forks with changes have a related PRs, but forks
exhibiting changes and that are associated to a close PR can probably be
ignored too.

> > ** Pull-Requests **
>
> Does gitlab allow to map "[Bb]ug (\d+)" to (an archive of) our bugzilla
> page and "\#(\d+)" to either the archived old PRs or new PRs/issues? (if
> need be, we could manually create issues #1 to #7xx with just a link to
> the archived PRs.

I haven't check that yet.

Did we actually plan to migrate bugzilla to gitlab-issues as well?
> Would we do this by just creating new issues with a link to the
> bz-archive? (This would be only slightly inconvenient if discussions are
> split, but that's ok, IMO)

See this first attempt:
https://gitlab.inria.fr/guenneba/eigen-bzmigration-test1/issues
Almost everything is preserved including the bug's ID. We can also
automatically mark the bz bugs as "MOVED" with a link to the respective
gitlab entry.
I'll share the updated bz2gitlab migration script asap. My main concern
about gitlab issues is that comments are not searchable, only the
description is.

gael