Is it too much to ask to have all these obviously vendor-specific questions
left to the newsgroups and interest lists offered by each?

Not to be on the attack, but I have now deleted 35+ mailings today _alone_
related to Weblogic and IAS, from a list that (far as I can recall) is for
EJB topics of interest.  They are beginning to greatly outweigh other topics
of discussion.

You can easily find the groups of interest at:
        Weblogic: http://www.beasys.com/support/newsgroup.html
        Inprise:  news://forums.inprise.com/inprise.public.appserver
...and thanks for the consideration.