If you're still looking for an answer on this, I would assume your
reference to EJB 2.1 is actually EJB 2.0.  In any case, that doesn't
matter much.

I would say your best bet in these constraints is to implement a Web
Service in WebSphere 4.0 (probably ad hoc, like REST, as opposed to
SOAP), and just use an HTTP connection from WebLogic to Websphere.  Your
two environments are not likely to be compatible at any other layer of
communication.