Charlie Hedlin wrote:
> Yesterday I had Ekiga lock up.  Upon connecting with gdb I found that
> two threads were hung trying to acquire locks.
> Thread 5 was processing the "OnConnected" even tfrom SipConnection, up
> to OpalManager and down to OpalConnection::Released.  It was blocked on
> LockReadWrite.
> Thread 1, the gui thread Called Manager::ClearCall (from the disconnect
> button) and blocked in Call::Clear on LockReadOnly.
> I couldn't find any other threads blocking in unusual states.
>
> I have added a Mutex to GMManager that to block clearCall or OnConnected
> events while the other is happening and have tested for around a hundred
> calls without hanging, but I can't reliably reproduce this problem.  If
> I make it through a few days without further lockups I will say it
> likely worked.
>
> If this problem and fix can be confirmed it should probably be moved to
> Opal.  I was trying to avoid having another custom package when I added
> these calls to GMManager.
>
> I am attaching my patch.  Please disregard the SVN information, it is
> from my local repository.

Robert has recently made a change to OPAL CVS head that reduces all
locks within a single call to one mutex. This has removed many possible
race conditions.

I would recommend looking at these new changes

    Craig

  Craig Southeren          Post Increment – VoIP Consulting and Software
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                   www.postincrement.com.au

  Phone:  +61 243654666      ICQ: #86852844
  Fax:    +61 243656905      MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Mobile: +61 417231046      Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  "It takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile.
   Be yourself, no matter what they say."   Sting