Good morning!

> > 1. There is still that automake-1.9 versus 1.20 problem. I had to patch
> > the Makefile.
>
> Yes, but just in 1 place and no longer in 4 places. In case you have an
> idea how to autodetect this, feel free to contribute.

Not yet, but I am sure, we will find something. Some gnome config script has
the same problem and they haven't solved that yet AFAIK. It's prio #2 for me,
right *after* being able to actually run a 3.0 SVN on Windows (see installer
issue).

> > - Will we now have a nightly build again?
>
> It seems the infrastructure is still up. That means once pptlib and opal
> build out of the box again, we probably will. If the infrastructure is
> not up anymore, probably not...

I would be able to donate infrastructure if needed. Who owns the current one?

[2.0 build]
> What do you mean keep it around? I thought its not working anyway? I can
> only tell you I do not have a single minute I can put into anything
> related to 2.0.x, actually I had mentally moved the 3.0 windows buidl to
> 3.2 already...

I mean: Keep the Wiki page where it is and accept a fix to the Makefile if I or
someone else has one. I am supporting people who use 2.0.11 on Windows right
now. They have some issues which I might need to fix or which might be fixed
already in 2.0.12. But I cannot move these people to a moving target 3.0 SVN
version.

Isn't it good practice to keep bugfixing the stable version of an app until the
next version is out and usually even running for X amount of time?

I can understand that you cannot / don't want to spent time on it, but others
might want to. If possible, I'd like to avoid the situation where 2.0 doesn't
work and 3.0 isn't there yet.

> About the installer, I have no idea right now except that I will compare
> your nsis version with mine...

Which one do you have? On what distro?

Regards,
Torsten