This is rather new desktop computer I would think can handle anything....
Core2Duo
2.0 Ghz and 2 Gig memory. Latest hardware and Linux Slackware 12.0 and Ekiga
2.0.11. Connection is 56K modem. I knew for a while Skype can be real choppy on
a modem connection, but wanted to see if this would also be true with other
VoIP
software. I was REALLY surprised sound quality with Ekiga was same as regular
phone,
and vastly better than Skype. I am very sure of this. I have repeated it a
number of
times. For the moment, there are still problems with Ekiga crashing, but that
is
separate matter that I hope to solve. When Ekiga has not crashed, sound is
really good,
despite also having a webcam.

Dee