2008/3/29, Edward Dunagin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 7:13 AM, D Webb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >  This is rather new desktop computer I would think can handle
> anything....
> > Core2Duo
> > 2.0 Ghz and 2 Gig memory. Latest hardware and Linux Slackware 12.0 and
> Ekiga
> > 2.0.11. Connection is 56K modem. I knew for a while Skype can be real
> choppy
> > on
> > a modem connection, but wanted to see if this would also be true with
> other
> > VoIP
> > software. I was REALLY surprised sound quality with Ekiga was same as
> > regular phone,
> > and vastly better than Skype. I am very sure of this. I have repeated it
> > number of
> > times. For the moment, there are still problems with Ekiga crashing, but
> > that is
> > separate matter that I hope to solve. When Ekiga has not crashed, sound
> is
> > really good,
> > despite also having a webcam.

Hello,
I follow the discussion with great interst. I use Skype and VoIPBuster a
lot, because the children and family of my wife live in the States,
Australia and China. However, until now I am not able to get Ekiga working.
The webcam is not working, and I found out that I have to pay for the calls
using Ekiga. (home phoners/fixed).
Question: I am a real newbee, any reamrks concerning the items I wrote
above. Please comment.

HAns Minekus

Hello Dee,

> WOW a 56 K modem connection. Ekiga gives me audio fits when video
> works and I have a broadband connection.
>
> Peace.................ed

> Edward Dunagin-Dunigan-Dunnigan
> Bozeman, MT 59718
> mobile 406-570-0992
> Landline 406-556-7282
> VOIP:sip:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:5063;transport=udp
> http://doas.montanalinux.org

thank you for your message
will answer asap
j.minekus