On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 9:23 AM, D Webb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  > The Windows version is beta software. We do not have any maintainer for
> > it (I even removed it from the website). If we can not find a
> > maintainer, that means there is no interest for it, so we can drop it.
>
> Ouch! I guess that basically kills Ekiga. Its appeal was that it worked on
> Linux and Windows which greatly increased its versatility. There just are
> not that many people using Linux.
>
> What is required to be a maintainer?

I must unfortunately report that after I offered Dee help, I tried  to
bring up Ekiga again and it crashes.
 I do remember doing an apt-get update and upgrade in the last few
days and ,(again) if I remember there was an ALSA and PulseAudio
upgrade. I think this is my problem and I am going to try and
downgrade those two programs.

Edward Dunagin-Dunigan
Bozeman, MT 59718
mobile 406-570-0992
Landline 406-556-7282
VOIP:sip:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:5063;transport=udp
http://doas.montanalinux.org