On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 12:22 PM, Damien Sandras <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Le dimanche 30 mars 2008 à 12:14 -0600, Edward Dunagin a écrit :
>
> > On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 9:23 AM, D Webb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  > >
>  > >  > The Windows version is beta software. We do not have any maintainer
> for
>  > > > it (I even removed it from the website). If we can not find a
>  > > > maintainer, that means there is no interest for it, so we can drop it.
>  > >
>  > > Ouch! I guess that basically kills Ekiga. Its appeal was that it worked
> on
>  > > Linux and Windows which greatly increased its versatility. There just are
>  > > not that many people using Linux.
>  > >
>  > > What is required to be a maintainer?
>  > >
>  >
>  > I must unfortunately report that after I offered Dee help, I tried  to
>  > bring up Ekiga again and it crashes.
>  >  I do remember doing an apt-get update and upgrade in the last few
>  > days and ,(again) if I remember there was an ALSA and PulseAudio
>  > upgrade. I think this is my problem and I am going to try and
>  > downgrade those two programs.
>
>  You could also try to isolate the problem and fix it, either in Ekiga or
>  in Pulseaudio.

I removed pulseaudio from my system and now Ekiga is ok. Tested it
with 500 and audio and videoare fine. I have not tested it with a live
user.

Edward Dunagin-Dunigan
Bozeman, MT 59718
mobile 406-570-0992
Landline 406-556-7282
VOIP:sip:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:5063;transport=udp
http://doas.montanalinux.org