Dear Yannick,

Thank you very much for your kind reply to my questions.

Would you or someone please help me with my next questions below?:

Okay, so I see that this license says:

<< "Activities other than copying, distribution and modification are not
covered by this License; they are outside its scope.  The act of running the
Program is not restricted, and the output from the Program is covered only if
its contents constitute a work based on the Program (independent of having been
made by running the Program). Whether that is true depends on what the Program
does." >>

Source:  https://git.gnome.org/browse/ekiga/tree/COPYING?id=EKIGA_4_0_1

So, then, where the license says "The act of running the Program is not
restricted" is where it grants the rights for anyone to use the software to
make & receive phone calls for commercial purposes? (in order to make a profit)

Do I have that correct?

(To be clear, in my above question, I'm not referring to making money off of
the actual software itself, in any way.)

I'm not sure what is meant by "output from the Program" in the above license
quote.  Would someone be able to interpret and briefly summarize what that
means?  (I want to understand whether or not that part applies to me.)

Thanks much!
Glen from Illinois, USA