Dear ElastiCluster users,

On 5 September 2016 at 14:21, Riccardo Murri <riccardo.mu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm still aiming at supporting Py 2.6 until (and including) the 1.4
> release of ElastiCluster (scheduled for Nov. 2016), but I would like to
> drop it beginning of 2017.

Apparently, `pip` will drop support for Python 2.6 [1] in release 9.0.
Without `pip`'s automatic resolution of dependencies, installation
of ElastiCluster on Python 2.6 becomes too cumbersome to be practical.

Therefore, I'll go with the plan stated above:
ElastiCluster will drop support for Python 2.6 after release 1.4.

Ciao,

[1]: https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/3955