This procedure got an initial nod from Wayne so I am posting it to the list for
broader peer review as it were...

kb3ipe

dt
.

----

The procedure outlined on p65 in the SIG row of the table for adjusting the
S-meter calibration does not seem to work well for me, so I have developed and
followed this procedure, which is similar but takes into account the apparent
effect adjusting H has on L.

If you find this procedure to be correct and superior it would probably best
fit on p68 between the VFO Lock/Unlock procedure and the Operating Frequency
Calibration procedure.

1) Set LEd to InF.

2) For each H setting record the L settings that result in s9 (5 bars) with an
Elecraft XG1 Receiver Test Oscillator / S-Meter Calibrator attached and set to
50uV:

Example:

H       L
-       -
2       50, 51
3       55, 56, 57
4       60, 61, 62, 63
5       65, 66, 67, 68, 69
6       70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75
7       75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81

3) Then remove all values (indicated in []'s) that show even anything more than
all blank (including a flashing 1) with an Elecraft DL1 Wideband 20W Dummy Load
connected:

Example (cont.):

H       L
-       -
2       [50, 51]
3       [55, 56, 57]
4       [60, 61, 62, 63]
5       [65, 66, 67, 68, 69]
6       [70, 71, 72,] 73, 74, 75
7       75, 76, 77, 78, 79, [80, 81]

4) Set for the lowest H value (indicated in ()'s) with L values not all
eliminated and then set for that lowest non-eliminated L value (indicated in
()'s):

Example (cont.):

H       L
-       -