> I would like to know, if you install the 100W
> PA, and you run the K2 at 5W or 15W on
> batteries in the field, is the K2 will drain
> more power because the PA is installed, or
> it will drain normal power like about
> 180 mA - 240 mA on receive ?

> Jean-François Ménard / VA2VYZ

Jean-Francois,

I believe that with the PA installed, even if you shut off the PA's power
supply and run QRP power, the current drain will be greater than the K2 QRP
version. I don't have my schematic in front of me, but I believe there are
circuits in the PA that draw current from the RF board of the K2. You can
expect something like 150 mA quiescent current drain from the PA.

Therefore, if you are going to operate in the field from batteries, then you
should physically remove the PA and replace with the QRP top cover to achieve
the (approx) 200 mA receive current.

Regards,

Al  W6LX