There IS one reason to generate the SSB signal as LSB - many crystal lattice
filters (including the one in the KSB2) have a steeper slope on the low
frequency side, so the LSB generation is better than USB generation.  Yes,
the sideband CAN be inverted by the proper mixing scheme - the current state
of affairs -- it depends on which transceiver you are talking about.

73,
Don W3FPR

Life is what happens when you are making other plans